Monday, April 30, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
OK, I usualy don't write about too much personal stuff, cause I figured who wants to read all that? But this weekend was super fun. We went to Austin. We left Sat. am & went to Zilker Park, which is huge and on the edge of downtown. We hiked a quarter way down this really long & secluded trail which went along a beautiful creek. Did I mention the weather was perfect? We sat in the middle on a rock & soaked our feet. I felt like I was in Montana or something. :) We had a picnic lunch in the middle of the park and even rode a train. lol. We ate crunchy catfish at a fun outside restaurant, and then took a sunset cruise to see 1.5 million bats come out of Congress Bridge. We followed up with a soak in the hot tub at our hotel. Sunday morning we spent browsing shops on South Congress (aka SoCo) and ate brunch & dessert at this really cool Italian restaurant. Then we saw the Capital and drove through some wealthy neighborhoods to look at all the cool houses. The architecture is incredible, and the land is really pretty. I was sad to leave, but as we drove back to College Station, I realized... the people are a lot cooler here. :) (In general, of course :) ).
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Saturday, April 7, 2007
As usual, HEB was packed yesterday. Shopping there is worth it to me, but as I looked around at all the faces, I realized that I was not the only one who was frustrated with all the blockages in the aisles. Everyone was impatient and in a bad mood. Follow these simple tips to avoid receiving dirty looks in the store:
- Put the cell phone down- just like in the car.
- Do not stop your cart in the middle of the aisle.
- Do not stop your cart directly across the aisle from another cart.
- Keep your cart moving as you look for things.
- Discipline your kids at home, and you won't have to start in the grocery store, just because you're embarrassed people are watching.
- Get some plastic- checks are annoying when the store is packed. You can still use those check logs to keep track of your purchases, if that's what you're worried about.