Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Healthy Habits Baby Steps- Pt 1

Happy New Year!



I was talking with my husband today about New Year's resolutions; neither of us really believe in them. My biggest objection is that people wait until then to change, when the Bible is clear, "His mercies are new every morning!" Praise God! We can start over any day! I do think it can be good, though, to take some time out to inspect our lives and see what changes need to be made.



I have been learning about healthy living for years now, yet have only put a few of the things I know into practice. I believe habits are best changed little by little, in baby steps. I will post one new habit per week to get our lives a little more on track in terms of health. Join me??





Part 1- Get a water filter! If you have city water, it does contain chlorine which has been linked to all kinds of health problems. When I take a bath in my apartment, it smells like a swimming pool! I am thinking to myself, "this cannot be ok to drink!" Most water also contains other poisons such as lead, flouride, etc. (More on flouride) The best option would be a reverse osmosis filter like this one. But if you can't afford that, try PURE or Brita. They are super easy to use and cheaper than bottled. If you have well-water, it's likely much healthier, but take some time out this week to get it tested.



If you think you are dodging the dangers of tap water by drinking bottled water, think again. Studies show it's really no cleaner/purer, and it also lacks nutrients well or tap water can provide. Also, filters are cheaper!



Drink up!

No comments: