Monday, May 27, 2013

amazing weekend...

I didn't get any pictures. :( But this weekend was so fun. First of all, my amazing in-laws watched the boys for us, so we could go to Dallas. I got to

sit by the pool and read a book....
take a long shower....
go shopping all day with John....
eat city food, including Mediterranean food which we've been craving since we moved....
go the biggest Half Price Books I've ever seen, complete with a store-wide sale.... (I was there awhile...)
sit by the lake and read....
and spend lots of time with my man....

 And THEN, on Sunday morning, I wanted to go to church, which I admit, we don't usually do when out of town. But my favorite preacher ever is in Dallas, so we go when we can. His church has several satellite churches now, and the MAIN campus, where he preaches, would have been a bit of a drive, so we decided to be good, not just go to church to see him, and go to the satellite church which was closer. We had just sat down in the pew when I looked up and saw him! Kind of a freak thing that he happened to be preaching in person that day. It's been years since I heard him in person, so a real treat. (I don't wanna hear any lectures about worshiping man instead of God, lol! God speaks through him to me in a way no one else usually does; if you've heard him, you know what I'm saying.) I got SO much out of it, but here are a couple quotes:

"It's harder to go after our children's hearts as opposed to simply worrying about behavior modification and fixing their problems for them in the short term." [but worth it]

"I don't think you can over preach grace. You can never go overboard on forgiveness, on grace. But objective evidence of salvation is holiness."

 "When you see a marriage that you really admire and you think, 'I want that', you can bet they got there with a lot of death [to selfishness]."
-Matt Chandler

No comments: