Monday, February 2, 2015

January Goals Review

January Goals Review


  • 52 week challenge- This month included devotions, daily routine, to do list, and memory keeping. I added Thru the Bible radio to me devotions each morning, as well as an app called "PrayerProLife" for prayer.  I am working on implementing my evening routine a little better. I have found that if I wait until 9:00 pm to do all those "before bed" things, it is too late! As a result, I have been in bed earlier and getting up earlier! I downloaded another app that is AMAZING called Home Routines. I have been looking for something like this for a long time. It is fully customizable with a regular to do list, as well as recurring lists for monthly, weekly, etc, or whatever you want! I highly recommend it. 
  • Office Month- I did basically nothing. :D But since Feb is Car Month & Super Dad got me a gift certificate for a car detail, I will just do it this month instead.
  • Read one book- I am ALMOST done with this book: After You Believe by N.T. Wright. I think it's excellent. It might not appeal to everyone, just because not everyone has the same questions I do, but it answered a lot for me. If I could sum Wright up, I'd say he expresses everything I've ever believed in a fresh and better to understand way. He makes a lot of connections for me I hadn't thought of before. If you've ever wondered things like, "Once I'm saved, what does morality matter?" or "Does grace really nullify all hard work in the Christian life toward sanctification?" then you will enjoy it!
  • Contact one family member. I wrote my grandmother a letter. :) 
  • My goal ALL year to speak positive things- to my spouse, to my kids, about myself, about my circumstances. Not so sure I did as well with this one. His mercies are new every morning! 

No comments: