Sunday, July 2, 2017

Where I muse about what we really need


I was going to write another "Things I'm Loving" post, because I truly have been loving a great many things. I was going to tell you about Ellie Holcombe's new album and how you have get it NOW, about this podcast (excellent) and this one (so good), and how much I've learned from them. But I began thinking about why I love these things, and it's just because that's where I'm meeting Jesus. I sit on my porch and pop in my ear buds, and I meet Jesus in the lyrics and the music. "You unravel me with a melody. You surround me with a song." (Shane & Shane) I listen for His voice and sometimes an answer comes later through a sermon or a podcast or through a conversation with a friend. But it's Him that we need. The specifics will be different for each of us. Shane Bernard often asks, "what stirs your affection for Christ?" Answer that, and do those things. I hope you check out my links, but what you really need is what I need, to just sit and meet with Jesus "who fills everything in every way." (Eph 1:23)

No comments: